In recent times QuickBooks software has gained a lot of popularity in the field of accounting. If you are working in the same field, the QB application is surely your friend indeed! Although this program is well known for its remarkable features and functionalities, none of these benefits can hide the reality that QuickBooks is prone to some faults. All such applications have certain errors popping up from time to time and so does QuickBooks. In this article, we have talked about one such hindrance- QB error code 15106.
What is QuickBooks error 15106?
The Windows installer is a component of the software that enables the installation and uninstallation of programs as well as updates on the Windows operating system. When the installer is broken or corrupt, it has errors at some point, the placement of programe goes haywire. When a user tries to import data into QuickBooks or make payroll changes, the Windows Installer returns broken or corrupt files and manifests errors like 15106. This particular error often occurs when you try to update the payroll as well.
Root causes of payroll error 15106.
Error code 15106 is caused by a number of unnoticed circumstances. We’ll analyze each of them in this section. In order to learn more about this error, proceed right away and learn all the causes.
- It causes the error when the user accounting options are enabled.
- Many operations are hampered by antivirus. It can therefore also be used to initiate the updating process.
- When upgrading the payroll program, the user is not utilizing the proper administrator credentials.
These are the primary three reasons for the device’s annoying error 15106, so there you have it. Now that you know what are the causes of this error, you will understand it better.
Telltale symptoms of Error code 15106.
When a user is aware of the symptoms of the errors present, they can quickly identify the cause of problems. The main indicators of QuickBooks error 15160 are as follows:
- The system may freeze or hang momentarily.
- Windows operates slowly and does not respond to keyboard or mouse input.
- The currently running program may freeze, crash, or operate slowly.
- QuickBooks begins to display the warning “Error 15106: The update software is corrupted” and the error message “Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened.”
- The application is not downloading the parts and resources needed for subsequent software and salary increase upgrades.
- Because the update process is hindered, users cannot efficiently use QB’s features and capabilities.
This was all about QuickBooks payroll error 15106. By now you understand the particular error in detail. By knowing its signs and causes you can resolve it better. Let us get started on some simple yet efficient troubleshooting methods.
Method to resolve QB error 15106.
Method 1: Make User Account Control inoperative
Disabling user account control is the initial step in the troubleshooting process. Below see how to accomplish it on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 by following the steps below.
- The user must first press the Windows + R keyboard combination to open the Run tab.
- Simply type Control Panel into the blank space that displays on the window’s desktop at this point.
- Press the “OK” button.
- As a result, you must click on User Accounts.
- Change User Account Control settings is the tab you should select.
- If any of the screens prompts appear, simply click the Yes button.
- Now that you can switch the UAC OFF or off, you will notice a slider.
- Click the “Never Notify” button.
- Finally, click the Ok tab.
- Reboot your computer to finish this full operation.
- The issue will now be resolved, therefore there is nothing you need to do.
Move on to the following remedy, nevertheless, if error code 15106 is not remedied by this troubleshooting method.
Method 2: Install everything from scratch using Selective Startup.
- MSConfig should be entered after clicking the Start button and typing the word.
- You must now click the “General” tab.
- Selective Startup and Load System Services from the drop-down menu on this tab.
- As soon as you click the “Services” tab, make sure to “Hide all Microsoft Services.“
- Simply select “Disable All.“
- After that, uncheck “Hide all Microsoft Services” by clicking there.
- Clicking “Ok” will then allow you to save these modifications.
- Selective startup mode is now active following a system restart. At this point, you must go to the Control Panel and select the “Programs and Features” option.
- Click on “Uninstall/Change” after selecting “QuickBooks Desktop.“
- Click “Uninstall” to uninstall QuickBooks from your computer.
- Restart your PC after that.
- Your product and licensing keys should now be used to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Installing everything in selective startup mode is another efficient way to get rid of payroll error 15106.
Method 3: Logging into the system
- The Quickbooks desktop icon should be the first place you look.
- Next, right-click it.
- Then select the option to run as administrator.
- Enter the admin login information if you can.
- Don’t forget to click OK.
- You are now able to log in as the administrator.
If you are unable to log in as a system administrator by this method, go for the one mentioned below.
Use the start button to launch the procedure.
Using the arrows in the bottom right corner, select the swap user option.
Admin credentials must only be entered.
This will make it simple for you to convert the user account to an admin account.
Method 4: .bat file should be rebooted
The .BAT file should be restarted to resolve QuickBooks error number 15106 if none of the alternatives above are successful. Here’s how to go about it:
- Prior to doing a right-click on QB Desktop’s icon, close QB Desktop.
- Select “Open File Location” from the Properties menu.
- The reboot.bat file will be the last thing the user finds. The Run as an Administrator option must be selected when doing a right-click on the file.
- Although you must manually close the command prompt window, it will open.
Finally, restart the computer, re-download the updates, and see whether QuickBooks Update Error 15106 is still present.
Method 5: Activate the antivirus program again and rename the directories
- Ctrl+Shift+Esc must all be pressed simultaneously. The task manager will be displayed.
- Click the antivirus file with the EXE extension under the processes tab after that.
- To end the procedure, right-click that file.
- Open File Explorer and rename the folders there.
- Adhere to this route:
- Specifically, go to C:Program FilesIntuitQuickBooks(year)Components for 32-bit users.
- For users of 64-bit operating systems, go to C:Program Files(x86)IntuitQuickBooks(year)Components.
- Then, by using the right-click menu, rename the folder named downloadqbXX. The year version of QuickBooks is indicated here by the XX.
- In the end, add OLD in the following format: downloadqbxx.old
- Finally, update QuickBooks once more and see if error code 15106 is fixed.
This is the end of the blog post. We hope this was helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 15106. If you are still troubled by this error code feel free to contact us at Accounting-assist24.com.